Friday, March 30, 2012

Marrakech Grill - Denver

On S Colorado Blvd it's quite easy to find some Middle Eastern cuisine. But, having gone to Jerusalem Restaurant all the time, I had never tried one of the Colorado Blvd places. We tried Marrakech on a weeknight. It was fairly busy and we seated ourselves after a moment of confusion. 


We sat at our table long enough without any service that we had a countdown clock going. If they didn't reach us in the next five minutes, we would get up and leave. We do this a lot, but I think we've only walked out once (that was in Paris, six years ago). Anyway, a server finally showed up and handed us the menus. My wife's menu was blank inside. Nice touch. 


Our order was finally taken and while waiting for it we had a salad, a few pieces of pita bread, and hummus. Marrakech's hummus was impressive, probably the most impressive part of the meal. My chicken shawarma was not very good and without the sauce on the plate, the chicken would have been unbearably dry. The gyros my wife ordered were okay, but what that plate and mine lacked were side portions of hummus. Hummus goes well with everything at a Middle Eastern restaurant, why not serve it with everything? 


I am a fan of this cuisine, but next time I am in search for it I probably won't be going back to Marrakech. I think I am better off trying a new place or going to the old standby


Dined March 2, 2012.


Written by B.

No comments:

Post a Comment