Thursday, March 29, 2012

Tamayo - Denver

Tamayo is owned by Richard Sandoval restaurants, who also owns the nearby La Sandia in Northfield Stapleton and Park Meadows. We've dined at La Sandia and we thought it was decent (we've been back a couple times), but in the fall of 2011 we tried Tamayo. It was amazing! I was skeptical at first, having tried La Sandia and Sandoval's Maya Modern Mexican Food in NYC, but Tamayo is in a whole other league. I don't know what they have there that they don't have at the other places I have tried, but it's something great. 


We returned to Tamayo for Denver Restaurant Week on February 28. They had their $52.80 (for a couple) menu online earlier in the month and it whetted our appetite. Despite the 5280 entree portions being a tad bit smaller than the full-priced versions, you still get plenty of food. Each person got an appetizer (I chose the ceviche), an entree (skirt steak for me), and a dessert (it's been a while and I honestly can't remember...but I know it was delicious). All three were excellent and there was still plenty of perfectly cooked medium-rare steak on my plate for a full meal. Tamayo continues to impress and we will definitely be going back. 


The only complaint that I have about this experience is that the waitress was really pushing the drinks. I get it, it's restaurant week and the bill isn't going to be as much as usual and you want to make as much money on drinks to make up for that, but asking every few minutes if I want another $6 Corona is just freaking annoying...almost as annoying as ordering even one of those beers at such a price. Ugh. So servers, ask us once or twice if we want a drink or another drink, but after that, give up...please. I'm likely to leave you more money if you ask once and I politely say no than if you ask every ten minutes thinking I've changed my mind. I'll let you know when I change my mind.


Dined February 28, 2012.


Written by B.

No comments:

Post a Comment