Friday, February 3, 2012

Cafe Rio

One would not expect to find a good eatery at the base of a chain hotel, but that's exactly what one finds in the case of Cafe Rio (founded in SLC, Utah) and the Hilton Garden Inn at the corner of Cherry Creek S Dr and Colorado Blvd. Having passed by Cafe Rio for nearly a year without trying it, I finally gave it a try this past summer. And I've been back a few times, including last Sunday.


In online reviews, Cafe Rio has been compared to Chipotle and Qdoba. In respect to how you order, Cafe Rio is somewhat like those places, but the menu is more diverse. Rio is close in price, even cheaper at times than those more famous burrito joints. I cannot speak to most of its menu, but I can recommend their smothered burritos and their tacos (I got the beef tacos on this visit with rice and beans and pico de gallo). Their pork is especially sweet and flavorful and whether it's in a burrito or a taco, it's always wrapped in the freshest tortilla made right in front of you. 


This is no glamorous place, but the food is fresh, and the price is right, the staff friendly, and the service good. This is also a place I could see myself writing about again in 2012. 


Dined January 29, 2012.


B.

No comments:

Post a Comment