Monday, February 20, 2012

Jimmy John's - 2075 S University Blvd

To be honest, I didn't really want to go to Jimmy John's on this occasion. It had been a while since I had gone, but I'm just generally not a sub sandwich kind of guy. Either way, I needed a fast lunch and I just wasn't feeling Chipotle again or anything else near the DU campus, let alone Subway across the street from JJ's. 


But by the time I had the first couple of bites of the Italian Nightclub with peppers (the only thing I get at JJ's) I was satisfied with my decision. It was a relatively cheap meal (less than $7 without chips and a drink) and it did the trick, i.e. it was going to hold me over until I got home later that evening. It was a very utilitarian lunch.


At this particular location there aren't too many places to sit. Three tables (two of them high) and a bar along the right wall as you walk in that has chairs, which deceives one into thinking they could comfortably sit there and enjoy a sandwich and a drink. But one realizes this isn't possible when one has sandwich in hand and finds out that the sandwich is twice as long as the counter at the bar is deep. What the? It's a completely worthless bank of chairs. That doesn't seem to bother people, or maybe it does, since the only guy eating a sandwich in the place besides me was an employee.


Just briefly, as I sat their chewing through the Italian Nightclub, I tried to envision a woman working at this particular JJ's. Maybe one does, but on this stop there were six guys who addressed everyone as dude, bro, or buddy. It was very sausage-party-esque. I think this is sort of the standard for JJ's. I don't see too many girls working there at JJ's. Maybe I am completely off, but in my experience every JJ's has a strong aroma of bread making and a vibrant aura of bromance.


Dined February 15, 2012.


Written by B.

No comments:

Post a Comment