Saturday, February 4, 2012

Chipotle - 371 E. Alameda

Yes, Chipotle again. We weren't planning on going out tonight, but we were up north and driving back into town and we didn't want to start cooking a meal at 7pm. 


I had never been to this location. Right next door though is Lucille's, one of the best brunches in town. I changed it up a bit tonight, ordering steak in my burrito. I was reminded a few bites into the burrito (once home) that Chipotle's steak has the tendency to be quite gristly, to the point that it can distract from the rest of the goodness before you. It made me miss my typical chicken burrito. 


K got a burrito bowl, which was only okay because the brown rice she ordered (Chipotle introduced brown rice in 2011) was about halfway done. It was nearly crunchy. Had we stayed, K would have definitely ordered something else with white rice, which I have never found to be undercooked, but the brown rice has been undercooked on more than one occasion. Not just on this visit. Some rice cookers out there obviously don't remember that brown rice always takes longer to cook. 


So, it wasn't the best visit to Chipotle. The other two visits in January were better. 


Dined January 30, 2012.


B.

No comments:

Post a Comment